Friday, December 20, 2013

Double the groups, double the fun!

The Saint Louis Society was back today with a lot more kids to explore the Science Center.  They came in two groups to experience the Feeling the Stars program.  I was excited to see so many new and eager faces as well as a couple I met the last time in each group today.

I had several kids who eagerly volunteered knowledge of what average meant (and who explained it more succinctly than I did in one case).  It was really cool to get to work with all these kids and most of them enjoyed the show at least "a little bit" (kids are very honest and to the point which is fantastic because they do not hesitate to tell me what they do and do not like).  Many of the kids however also said they very much enjoyed the program and the show.


Devon* was back as well for the show.  I met Devon the first time the Saint Louis Society came and was excited to hear he wanted to use one of the tactile books again.  As soon as I handed him the book he immediately opened it and started reading it aloud again.  After the show I was very excited to hear him singing loudly about stars.  I hope he and the rest of the kids will continue to come back and see us in the future again.  


I love that I have the opportunity to work with so many visitor who are so passionate about Space Science, and I truly hope that I will continue to see these kids in the future at the Planetarium!





*Names have been changed to protect privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment